Sunday 29 December 2013

Coconut Oil review

I have been using pure coconut oil for the past 3 months. I have used it - 

On my skin
In my green tea
As a cooking oil
As a hair treatment


I bought this from Holland and Barrett for £14.99

You can buy coconut oil online or in other food supply shops however it needs to be in its purest form

Look for pure or virgin on the label and check out the ingredients

I love this product as a hair treatment

Apply this all over the scalp and down the hair paying attention mostly to your ends!

Leave for at least an hour, if you can leave it over night

Wash out thoroughly and condition as normal

Pro's to using this product
Hair has a healthy sheen
Hair feels softer and nourished 

Con's
It is difficult to wash out and can leave a residue 

Tip!

I wash my hair twice gently massaging the scalp and only condition the ends with your regular conditioner. This will help rinse out the oil well so it doesn't leave hair looking greasy and flat.

Skin

I love using this on my skin especially my face

Use a pea sized amount and warm it in your hands. Pat gently all over your face and neck.
This can be used daily, however best results are at night when your skin renews cells.
I also use it as an eye makeup remover!

Its natural ingredients have anti bacterial properties so this is great if you suffer with spots. Unlike coconut oil most oils will cause more spots and blackheads.
It has antioxidents which are anti-ageing and also contains vitamin E which is great for the skin leaving skin smooth and dewy.